Getting a webhook URL
To push messages to your Slack channel, we'll need a Slack webhook for your channel. Follow the steps below to get one.
- Open your channel in Slack and press the gears icon in the top right of the screen. Click on "Add an app or integration"
- Your browser will open. Log into Slack if you didn't already. You'll see a search bar which is used to find Slack Integrations.
- Search for "Incoming Webhook" and click on the application
- Press the green button "Add Configuration"
- Select the desired channel to push your website messages to. Press "Add Incoming Webhooks Configuration" to confirm your selection.
- You'll find your webhook URL on the page after confirming your selection. Copy this webhook URL and paste it into the MS Slack configuration. The URL should start with https://hooks.slack.com/services/